Mini Me Debrief Voki


Get a Voki now!

Thursday 27 September 2007

edayz day 1

Well, first day of edayz part the way through and the most interesting part for me perhaps completed. I was honoured to take part in the panel discussion on the ethical responsibilities of educators in the online environment. I felt a little overwhelmed at the knowledge and experiences of my fellow panellists as well as the sheer size of the audience but I feel I made a valuable contribution (and got a bottle of wine for my trouble thanks Allison!) It was interesting to say the least what Howard Rheingold had to say and it seems that by and large the general opinions of the audience and panellists alike were similar in many ways.

As far as the workshops go... well just not long enough. I went to three workshops on ARED and still feel like I just need to spend time playing. There are obvious benefits for the e-induction but I will have to dedicate a fair amount of time playing before I can say which will be of the most benefit.

I missed out on the fourth workshop I wanted to attend simply because I was had a "blonde" moment with the map and got there too late. Oh well at least I had time to write this!!!

1 comment:

Marlene Manto said...

Rhys, you did a fabulous job on the Panel for e-Dayz! Great to hear that you found this event valuable.

Rhys

Rhys
What I do best!