Mini Me Debrief Voki


Get a Voki now!

Friday 14 September 2007

It begins....

Yesterday was the first contact day for the SITE Academy LearnScope mini project. It was held at TTG Modbury Tafe (not at the Lakes resort as some unnamed plonker first thought). I have set up this blog in an attempt to track my progress with the project, as a way to meet the requirements laid out by LearnScope and a method of sharing what I am doing with my colleagues.

OK. What the @#$%@ is it all about...... Well easiest way to find out about what LearnScope is all about is to look at their page
The people you see there are the ones who organise it and all that stuff.

And what about the SITE Academy LearnScope Mini Project? Well Adam Waters and I decided a good way to attack the project was to look at what is needed most regarding SITE elearning and work that in with the needs of industry as well. So we started a dialogue with Michael Sfera from the Sfera's Group to find out what would be most useful for their business. What savings and improvements could be made through the use of elearning in their workplace? The overwhelming choice was workplace induction.

So in a nutshell the SITE Academy LearnScope mini project is aimed at creating the basis for a workplace induction for the Sfera's group which can be completed online by new staff prior to them commencing work. It needs to be engaging and interesting.

"But hang on a second, isn't LearnScope about professional development?" I hear you say. I don't have the skills to be able to do this yet so the funds from the project will be used to pay for someone to take my classes so I can attend edayz and the LearnScope workshops as well as give me time to actually sit down and work out how to use the online resource development tools like ared and Wink and all those other free bits and pieces you find lying around on the net.

So stay tuned to this blog to read and see the progress and maybe you'll learn something new too.

3 comments:

SITE Academy Industry Placement said...

Good idea Rhys.

Looks good and gives a good summary of project.

Assuming this goes as planned we will have more elearning capable staff and a product that can be used as a selling tool for more SITE Consult sales.

Marlene Manto said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog posting Rhys. Only thing is that the LearnScope link you gave is to the.. [cough]...rather boring national website we are forced to maintain. Perhaps I can leave the link here for our Communication site which has a LOT more information and is far more interactive.

http://www.groups.edna.edu.au/course/view.php?id=49

I look forward to further editions of your blog and I will subscribe to it now so I don't miss a single one! [grin] Keep up the good work.

Marlene

Trudi said...

hi Rhys, good work - your blog is inspiring me

Rhys

Rhys
What I do best!